Thursday, October 25, 2007

Two points for honesty

Life moves on. I think back to the past couple of weeks, and I don't think that I could actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. But somehow, things have gotten better. Work this week has been 1000X better. I am not as stressed about anything anymore. Everything is going to be OK. I finally feel at peace about my life.

The words of a Guster song have been in my head a lot recently. In case you have never heard of Guster, google them. I had never heard of them until last summer when I went to a concert of their's near DC. Click here to read the lyrics to their song. I have really been thinking about how I want to make some serious changes in my life, but they don't seem to ever stick around.

And then when I think that my life is so awful, I am reminded how blessed I really am. There have been some awful fires in Southern California this past week and a lot of people have lost their homes and some have even lost their lives. What on Earth am I complaining about. My life is fine. One of the fires started right here in Irvine last Sunday and has brought the worst air pollution I have ever experienced. I have had a headache since Monday and even the inside of the office I have been working in this week is smoky. My eyes have been burning and my lungs hurt as well. It looked like Armageddon out there. And yet, I feel that I have been so blessed. I am safe, my family is safe, I have a great job, great friends, and I am young and healthy (well except for the temporary smoker's cough).

Anyway, I am just not very sure about many things right now. All I know is that I want to take my life in a completely different direction than the one it is headed in right now. Not that my life is headed in a bad direction. I feel like I really have a lot to be proud of, but I just know that there is so much more out there. So, farewell for now. I am writing this like someone is reading this, which I am still pretty sure nobody is except for me.

I think things are over with Kaitlyn.

No comments: