Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can someone please pass the Kool-Aid?

A kid from one of my wards in Provo posted today on Facebook that his mission in Italy is being consolidated into a neighboring mission. Below his post, he had a link to a letter which was written from the mission president to the missionaries currently serving in the mission. After reading the letter I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Was I really ever that deficient that I would have read that letter and thought it was great to see a mission closing? Yeah, probably. Not some of my proudest days.

In unrelated news, Boston Scientific announced the consolidation of two of its business units in order to cut costs amid declining revenues.

2 comments:

Bravone said...

I served in Milano, and arrived the day they combined the Milan and Padova missions. It is interesting how can they put a positive spin on closing a mission.

D-Train said...

I just saw this article in the SL Tribune.

Looks like sales are down in Europe, but are increasing in places with uneducated, umm...I mean "humble" souls looking for the gospel.

It does not take a genius to see the contradictions between this article and the letter I referenced in my post.